The Importance of using a FACE TONER!
The weather is extremely dry here in Toronto (we are almost in April at the time I am writing this article, and yet there is still some snow out there....).
You can only imagine what it does to your skin.
I usually recommend to my followers, that no matter what the season, you should always use a face toner.
After using your daily facial cleanser, and before putting on your serum or face cream, that's when you should apply your face toner.
Before giving you the price of some good quality ones, I will give you some reasons why you should use a toner on a daily basis:
1) it removes the excess of dirt and oil
2) it tightens your closes and skin
3) it moisturizes your skin
4) it restores your skin pH balance
5) it gives your skin a natural glow
Of course, make sure you buy one adapted to your skin tone!!
That's really important.
Here are some good brands:
- Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent for Sensitive Skin (you can find it at Shoppers or Rexall for $7.99-$9.99 depending on whether or not it's on sale)
-NIVEA Rose Water (you can find it at Shoppers or Rexall for $7.99-$9.99)
-AVEENO Positively Radiant (you can find it at Shoppers or Rexall for $8.99-$15.99)
-CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion 1 (last time I checked, they sell it at SEPHORA for $38. It is actually also available at other stores like the Bay, Nordstrom, and even some bigger Shopper's stores)
-CLARINS Soothing Toning Lotion with chamomile ($39 at SEPHORA)
- There is a last one that has been discontinued at Shoppers: it is the GARNIER Skin Natural PureActive Toner.